Black Bean, Banana, Lime Fritters
Clearly not strict Primal nor Paleo. But people are coming to realize that bananas and beans are healthy foods. Recipe is adapted from the February 2012 Prevention magazine. (One of the few things I have ever gotten out of Prevention. I was given a subscription.) I served with Cajun spiced fried chicken breasts.
- 1 or 2 organic plantains or bananas, mashed. I used bananas just barely ripe enough to mash.
- 1/2 can Eden black beans, drained and slightly mashed. (Or homemade ones.)
- 3/4 cup organic almond or coconut meal.
- 1 large free range egg.
- Juice from 1/2 organic lime.
- 2 chopped organic green onions.
- Salt (optional).
- Organic virgin coconut oil.
- Stir together beans and plantain or banana.
- Mix in meal, egg, onions, lime juice and salt.
- Heat coconut oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Drop heaping tablespoons in skillet and fry until golden on each side.