Chicken, Yam, Green Bean Curry
This has an interesting blend of flavors. Very much a comfort food but the lime juice brightens it up.
- 1 pound of chicken breast or thighs, cubed or thinly sliced.
- 6 oz. of green beans, trimmed.
- 1 large or 2 small yams/sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- 1 can of coconut milk.
- 2 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste.
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- A splash of fish sauce, or to taste.
- 2 tablespoons of nut butter (I use peanut. Yeah, yeah, I know. Not paleo.)
- Chicken broth.
- Sweetener (Optional. Sugar or brown sugar is traditional but I did not use. Did not need.)
- Bring coconut milk, curry paste, sweet potatoes, and fish sauce to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce to simmer. Simmer until sweet potatoes start to get soft.
- Add green beans and chicken. Add chicken broth if needed.
- Simmer until sweet potatoes are soft and chicken is fully cooked.
- Add nut butter and lime juice.
- Adjust lime juice and heat (with cayenne or other peppers)