Chocolate Coconut Avocado Mousse
Let me begin by saying that this does not taste like guacamole. You won't taste the avocado at all. It will taste delicious though.
- Avocado - two genuinely large ones, not the tiny ones they call "large" in stores.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract - 2 tablespoons
- Coconut Cream - 1/4 cup (The stuff at the top of the can.)
- Sweetener - to taste (optional - I don't use.)
- Whipped Cream (optional) - Leave this off for strict Paleo.
- Chocolate - Shavings, nibs, etc. for topping
- Berries (optional - a few to top or more to layer)
- Sprig of mint (optional)
- Mix avocado, cocoa, coconut cream and vanilla in blender, food processor or bowl.
- Add sweetener of your choice to taste.
- Put in parfait or wine glass, layering with berries if you like.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate nibs or shavings, berries and mint. (optional)