Head to Tail Meatloaf
Ok. It isn't quite head to tail but it gives you some animal parts you might not otherwise get.
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1 packet of gelatin, e.g. Knox
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 stalk of celery, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup of chopped bell pepper
- Salt, pepper, herbs, spices to taste
- Some tomato sauce or ketchup (optional)
- Tamari or liquid aminos
- A bit of chopped liver
- Strips of bacon on top?
- Preheat oven to about 375.
- Mix tomato product, tamari or aminos, and eggs.
- Sprinkle on gelatin. Let sit.
- Saute onion, celery, carrot and bell pepper lightly in oil.
- Mix everything together.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Form meat mixture into two loaves and place in pan.
- Top with ketchup and/or strips of bacon.
- Bake for about an hour (or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees).
Photo credit: Classic Meatloaf ID 34346180 © Ppy2010ha | Dreamstime.com